I went back to my 2011 resolutions. I'm glad I only put three things down, I was getting worried I created a whole set of goals that I was going to feel disappointed about.
1. Write more- I definitely did that this year. Since going back to teaching, my blog posts may have slowed down but I am working on a young adult novel behind the scenes. I have at 6,000 words down and even more ideas floating about that I have to form into words. What I am most proud about is attending a Writer's conference and meeting somebody who can be apart of a writing group.
2. Love more- This has been a slow process and one that improved as my own healing was happening. Last year when I wrote this I was thinking about my family and friends but really I learned I need to start loving myself. Caring enough about myself to make the healthy changes I needed.
3. Sleep more- I'm just going to forget about this one. My best work happens late in the night, and by that I mean wee hours of the morning. Maybe it was all those college essays I cranked out but I love that time. It seems odd that I choose to be a teacher, it's such a "morning" person's job.
My goal in 2012 is to work hard/play hard. It's not going to be all work and no play, I crave balance in my life.
Photo taken by my fabulous sister-in-law, Kimberly Schneider
Other things that have popped into my head:
- finish my first novel, even if it never gets printed off my computer
- travel more- Legoland, Missouri, a belated 10th anniversary scuba dive
- continue to explore natural/green options- beauty, cleaning, house items
- good steward with money- finding the balance between saving and living
- read some books that make me think and grow
- take a photography class for my DSLR camera that I'm saving for
- volunteer for Books for a Better World
- be in the moment whether I'm at home playing with my kids or teaching a class of 6th graders, just focus and enjoy the moment
These things are just my wish list, some will happen and some will not (obviously the money one better happen). I have not put them under my goals because my only goal this year to have balance and if I'm able to do that, then everything else will fall into place.