My hubby, Jake, turned 32 yesterday. The past two birthdays have not gone as planned... part of that had to do with being in the Philippines, sometimes plans just aren't as easy as you would think.
So this year, being stateside, I wanted to make up for the other two with a surprise party. I called my bro with the idea, he suggested using the monthly poker night as a ruse, and it flowed from there.
I didn't want it to be just a food and drinking party (although there is nothing wrong with that!) so I decided to add a little fun by choosing some Minute to Win It games to play.
I went to the Minute to Win It website and spent some time looking through games. I then choose ten based on humor, ease, and ability to have/get needed items. We ended up playing six games. Before we played the games, I played the game blueprint on the computer so everyone would know how to play (just like they do on the show).
The party games:
1. Chocolate Unicorn- stack 7 Ding Dongs on your forehead (trust me it's not as easy as it looks!)
2. Card Ninja- using a deck of cards, try to get one to stick inside a watermelon half
Jake was the only one to get a card in at all!
3. Cantagious- each hand holds a stack of three cans, one stack is empty and the other stack is full, transfer the stacks to the opposite hand
4. This Blows- by only using the air from a balloon, a person needs to knock over fifteen plastic cups. This one was easy.
5. Dizzy Mummy- a person spins in circles until all the toilet paper is off the roll (a good game to play after a couple of shots, hehe)
6. How's it Hangin'- Best game of the night! Two players have bananas hanging from their waists, trying to hit two oranges into a hoop. The video is short, but you get the idea. We could not stop laughing!
He even got his handmade birthday crown.
To top it all off, I actually managed to surprise him! Not easy to do after almost ten years of marriage! Thank you to everyone who came, it was a great party.