Jake and I have made it to 10 years today! On October 27, 2001 we were sweating buckets getting married at Saguaro Ranch Park in the bright shining sun and beautiful roses. Today, it's cold and almost fall like.
I remember lots of family coming to the wedding, not only to see us but because the Diamondbacks were playing in the World Series. So not only do we deal with baseball but Halloween as well. Who ever thought that this date was good?
Oh yeah... it was us!
Jake and I started dating on Nov. 27th. My parents begged us not to have another event in November, since it's already packed. So we picked the closest thing possible- October! We didn't give a thought to one day we would have kids who like to dress up and do Halloween-y type things that always coincide with our special day.
So what do I know about this goofball after 10 years? I have come to realize that the longer I'm married to him, the less I know about him.
To commemorate our day, I wanted to create my own Top Ten list, of sorts.
Top Ten for Ten Years
1. Have adventures together
2. Pretend you don't know how to do something, that way the other person will always do it (it's how I get my coffee made every morning)
3. Don't worry about the toilet seat
4. Watch a sport they like/read a book they like
5. Indulge each other's little idiosyncrasies
6. Laugh together and...
7. Laugh together until there's tears running down your face and the kids think you've gone nuts
8. Push Encourage each other to be better people
9. Help each other to do new things, even if the other person is scared
10. Have misadventures together and then laugh about it later... I'll never live his 30-cent ice cream cone birthday down, ever
Happy Anniversary, honey! My heart belongs to you. I love you.