Make morning popsicles!
The night before, I pour kefir into popsicle molds and freeze them (read more about homemade popsicles in a previous post here). That's it! So simple. I usually can't get them to drink it but eating a popsicle when it's morning time? You bet!
I like Lifeway's brand and flavors- I've tried blueberry, raspberry, cherry, strawberry, and pomegranate. All of them are pretty yummy. Looking at their site for the first time, I might try their cappuccino and chocolate truffle! I think I got this at Fry's grocery store in their natural foods section.
I like drinking this a few times per week. I consider this one of my 'nutritional powerhouse' foods.
Here are some benefits:
- more good bacteria than yogurt (all long names)
- helps clean and strengthen the digestive system
- easier to digest than yogurt
- great to drink during/after using antibiotics (meds kill all bacteria, so kefir will build up the good stuff again)
- make it yourself cheap (I haven't done this yet)
So try it- make some kefir pops of your own!